- Eat food as close to nature as possible.
- As a rule of thumb – if you can pick it or dig it up and eat it, eat it.
- If you have to process it in any way to make it edible, leave it.
- If you can hunt it or fish it, eat it.
- Food with shelf life has no life – avoid it.
- Of course there are exceptions to this, but very few.
I studied at the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London, the Natura Foundation and The Institute for Functional Medicine. I’m a member of BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy) and The Institute for Functional Medicine and am registered with CNHC (Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council). I’m a Senior Associate member of the RSM (Royal Society of Medicine) and regularly attend lectures and seminars to keep me up to date with new research in order to best help my clients.
I host quarterly meetings for nutrition experts in London when we discuss new research and share case studies. I qualified as a Metabolic Balance® coach in 2008 and have developed a personalised eating programme for weight loss.
Past and present, some of the many practitioners, doctors and scientists who inspire me include:
- Patrick Holford- founder of London’s Institute for Optimum Nutrition and author of many books including ‘The Optimum Nutrition Bible’
- Leo Pruimboom – researcher and teacher of clinical psychoneuroimmunology and Scientific Director and Head of Education for the Natura Foundation
- Barry Peatfield – endocrinologist and author of ‘Your Thyroid and how to Keep it Healthy’
- John Briffa – doctor, nutrition expert and author of several books including ‘Escape the Diet Trap’
- James Wilson – adrenal expert and author of ‘Adrenal Fatigue – the 21st Century Stress Syndrome’
- Roderick Lane – naturopath, teacher and endocrine specialist; author of ‘The Adam and Eve Diet’
- Marion Kirkham – Naturopath, nutritionist, teacher and co-director of the College of Naturopathic Medicine & Health Science
- John Stirling – Naturopath and founder of the supplement company Biocare, which he sold in 2005
- Bernard Jensen, 1908 – 2001- Naturopath, chiropractor and author of 40 books – a pioneer of holistic health and healing
- Broda Barnes, 1906 –1988 – the endocrinologist who taught us so much about the thyroid and changed so many lives for the better; author of several books including ‘Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness’